Thursday, April 22, 2010

Recycle,Repurpose, Reuse!

This weeks challenge over at Tag Tuesday was to Recycle,
Repurpose and Reuse! It really is fun when you start thinking
of all the things you can Recycle!



My Tag it self was used from those subscription forms that fall out of every magazine I have ever gotten, thats right I save all those this isn't the first tag I've made with these!

I gesso it up!

and then Inked it and painted and inked it some more!

That Image "stamp 10" that I used was a tag off
a shirt I had bought about 5 years ago. It has been waiting
to be used! And of course the little can tab. I have a little stash
of those as well!
How fun this was! It turned out completely different than
I had planned. Thanks Louise for another great Challenge!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Linda

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Wonderful tag Linda. So may good ideas to try, thanks for sharing.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Wow, you get an "A" in recycling! Never would have thought to use the magazine ad. Your tag looks great!

Sonya Ann said...

I think this has been your best one yet! I'm still super impressed!
have a great weekend!

Faye said...

Wow, Linda, you certainly did rise to the occasion! I just rip those suckers out of the magazines and zing them into the trash. Now I know I should be hanging onto them to make tags out of. This tag you've made is so gorgeous.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great job Linda, thumbs up for recycling!

Becca said...

Hi Linda yes I do recognize that tag and it looks great on yours! I really like how you photographed your steps too. Great idea for those stupid things that fall out of our magazines!

Paper Paradise said...

Great tag Linda, and using a piece that was given inside a magazine is a great ide. Lol abouth the gesso 'great minds think alike'. Gesso is on of my favourite 'tools' i use it so often. x

Suzanne C said...

Wow is right! Fantastic tag and love all the pieces you used on it! The colors are so warm and lovely!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Wow! I wish the ads fell out of the magazines looking like your tag! Great use of "trash"! Cool clothing tag too!

Julie said...

You've certainly created some beautiful projects whilst I've been stranded in Spain,It's good to get back to a bit of blog hopping x

Lynn Stevens said...

What a GREAT idea, I hate those things that fall out of the magazine. Now we have a real use for them. Brilliant!!!!! Awesome tag too

Jean Franks Beck said...

Linda, this tag is absolutely beautiful!! I was chuckling as you were describing the things you save... I've got a couple of magazine inserts and tons of clothing tags, stashed into a little drawer in my craft room. I'm so bummed I didn't have enough time to play this week... but I'm certainly playing tomorrow! Fabulous techniques....Thanks for the inspiration!